I always believe that happiness is a choice, like everything in life is.
It maybe hard to be happy or even smile when everything seems so gray. But there's really no point in being sad or despondent anyway.
Yeah, I am psyching myself up. LOL!
Seriously, I used to have those dark moods and depression. When I look back, they were just a waste of time and happiness.
I am not saying everyday is a great day for me now. I still have those not so good days and those days when I feel a little down. But you know what, I don't dwell on it anymore. I just look at the positive side of everything. That makes me instantly better.
When positive outlook doesn't help, I do these things:
1) Blogging. It makes me busy, keeps my mind away from the problem and at the same time makes my paypal account happy.
2) Beading. Another thing that keeps me busy and my wallet happier.
3) Exercise. A good exercise always make me happy.
4) Count my blessings. When I do, suddenly there is no reason enough to make me sad.
5) Go out. Have coffee alone or with friends. A change of environment usually does the trick for me, especially when I am cooped up in the house for a long time.
6) Shopping. Retail therapy always works. But I am not talking about the shop-till-you-drop kind of shopping. It will just make you more depressed. A window shopping or just a simple trip to a shop lifts me up.
Honestly, it's more fun doing these things than being sad or depressed. If I have more money though, I'd definitely add "travel twice a month" to the things I could do when I need a little bit of cheering up. As it is, I cannot just have an impromptu travel. Unless, I want to be more depressed. LOL!
Happy weekend blogosphere!